J & F Trucking Corporation is a family owned and operated company. John Campitelli started the company in 1949 with just one truck. It was a straight truck with a wooden flatbed and a steel headboard, and it cost the princely sum of $3800. At that time he was carrying loads for Colonial Homes and this proved to be the start of a long association with them.
John’s brother Fred joined in 1951. Back then, the company was known as J & F Truck Rentals. Over the next few years the size of the fleet increased. By 1957 J & F had purchased its first tractor – a B61 model Mack with a diesel engine and a 10-speed transmission.
1959 saw the company change its name from J & F Truck Rentals to J & F Trucking Company. The company also moved from its original site on Kennedy Road in Scarborough to the original Colonial Homes site in Pickering.
A valuable addition to the company was the youngest brother, Bruno, who joined in 1964. Bruno is the Vice-president and Service Manager.
The ’70s were a period of incredible growth for the company. They outgrew their Pickering site and moved to their present site at 610 Finley Avenue in Ajax, Ontario.
J & F Trucking Company became J & F Trucking Corporation in 1986.
Other members of the three brothers’ families – Anthony (Sales and Dispatch) and Patsy (Broker Operations) – are also actively involved in the daily operations, making this a true family business. Just as families grow, so do family businesses. Other family members have branched out from our core business to start new ventures in the trucking industry: